Dr. Ian Ferguson, Ph.D.
Professor and Department Chairman
Office: EPIC 2252
- Ph.D. University of St. Andrews, Scotland, 1989
- M.Sc. University of St. Andrews, Scotland, 1986
- B.Sc. Heriot Watt University, Scotland, 1984
Honors and Awards:
- A paper titled "Magnetic and Optical properties of GaMnN grown by Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition," Semiconductor Science and Technology 20 (2005) L5 was selected for recognition as research which shows "substantial advances or significant breakthroughs, a high degree of novelty, and a significant impact of future research".
- Best Paper/Presentation Award for "MOCVD Growth and Transition Metal Doping of GaN Nanostructures" at the NSF-sponsored International Center for Materials Research Summer school on Nanomaterial Tsukuba, Japan, 2007
- Awarded the 2008 Faculty Fellow in the Sam Nunn Security Program, based in the Center for International Strategy, Technology and Policy at Georgia Tech as part of the MacArthur Foundations's Science, Technology and Security Inititative
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Fellow of The Interantional Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE)
- Member of the Institute of Physics (MInstP) and The American Vacuum Society (AVS)