Office: EPIC 2334
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2004
- M.Sc. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2002
- M.Phil. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 1999
- B.Eng Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1997
- Communications and networking
- Wireless and mobile networks
- Modeling and performance analysis of communications networks
- Y. Song and J. Xie, “BRACER: A Distributed Broadcast Protocol in Multi-hop Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks with Collision Avoidance,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 509-524, March 2015.
- H. Li and J. Xie, “GaS, A Gateway Scheduling-based Beamforming Scheme for Handoff Support in Wireless Mesh Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 4560-4573, November 2014.
W. Zhao and J. Xie, “IMeX: Inter-gateway Cross-layer Handoffs in Internet-based Infrastructure Wireless Mesh Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1585-1600, October 2012.
H. A. Chan, H. Yokota, J. Xie, P. Seite, and D. Liu, “Distributed and Dynamic Mobility Management in Mobile Internet: Current Approaches and Issues,” Journal of Communications, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 4-15, February 2011.
J. Xie and X. Wang, “A Survey of Mobility Management in Hybrid Wireless Mesh Networks,” IEEE Network, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 34-40, November/December 2008.
Honors and Awards:
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, 2010.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT), 2010.
- IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM 2010) Outstanding Leadership Award, 2010.
- IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM 2009) Best Symposium Co-Chair Award, 2009.
- UNC Charlotte College of Engineering Graduate Teaching Excellence Award, 2007.
- UNC Charlotte ADVANCE Program Bonnie Cone Fellowship, 2007.