Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D., University of Maryland College Park, 2017
- M.Sc., Nile University, Egypt, 2012
- B.Sc., Alexandria University, Egypt 2010
- Communication Theory
- Information Theory
- Energy harvesting communications
- Age of Information
- Physical layer security
- Non-orthogonal multiple access systems
- Visible light communications
- Age-Minimal Transmission for Energy Harvesting Sensors with Finite Batteries: Online Policies
A. Arafa, J. Yang, S. Ulukus, and H. V. Poor
IEEE Transactions on Information Theory – submitted June 2018.
Secure Relaying in Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access: Trusted and Untrusted ScenariosA. Arafa, W. Shin, M. Vaezi, and H. V. PoorIEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security – to appear.
Timely Updates in Energy Harvesting Two-Hop Networks: Offline and Online PoliciesA. Arafa, and S. UlukusIEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 18(8):4017–4030, August 2019.
Relay-Aided Secure Broadcasting for Visible Light Communications
A. Arafa, E. Panayirci, and H. V. Poor
IEEE Transactions on Communications, 67(6): 4227–4239, June 2019.
Online Fixed Fraction Policies in Energy Harvesting Communication Systems
A. Arafa, A. Baknina, and S. Ulukus
IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 17(5):2975–2986, May 2018.
Optimal Policies for Wireless Networks with Energy Harvesting Transmitters and Receivers: Effects of Decoding Costs
A. Arafa, and S. Ulukus
IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications – Series on Green Communications and Networking, 33(12):2611–2625, December 2015.