Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate Professor, EE Associate Chair and Director of Undergraduate Programs
- Ph.D., Scientia Machina (Electrical Engineering), Brown University, 2004
- M.S., Applied Math, Brown University, 2003
- M.S., Electrical Sciences, Brown University, 2001
- B.S., Electrical Engineering cum laude, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1995
- B.S., Computer Science cum laude, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1994
- Computer Vision
- Pattern Recognition
- Image Processing
- Computational Geometry in Multiple (>2) Dimensions
- Willis, A., Computational Analysis of Archaeological Ceramic Vessels and their Fragments, in Digital Imaging for Cultural Heritage Preservation: Analysis, Restoration, and Reconstruction of Ancient Artworks, CRC-Press, pp. 323–353, 2011.
- Willis, A. and Cooper, D. B., From Ruins to Relics: Computational Reconstruction of Ancient Artifacts, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 65–83, July 2008.
- Thomas T.P., Anderson D.D., Willis A., Liu P., Marsh J.L., Brown T.D., ASB Clinical Biomechanics Award Paper 2010 Virtual pre-operative reconstruction planning for comminuted articular fractures . Clinical Biome-chanics 2011, 26(2), pp. 109–115, February 2011. PMID:21215501. NIHMSID:259455
- Eppes, M.-C., Willis, A., Molaro, J., Abernathy, S. and Zhou B., Cracks in Martian boulders exhibit preferred orientations that point to solar-induced thermal stress, Nature Communications, 6(6712), pp. 1–11, March 2015. doi: 10.1038/ncomms7712
- Willis, A., and Brink, K., iGRaND: An Invariant frame for RGBD Sensor Feature Detection and Descriptor Extraction with Applications, SPIE Defense + Commercial Sensing; Three-Dimensional Imaging, Visualization and Display, pp. 1-15, SI16C-SI116-27, April 18-20, 2016. doi: 10.1117/12.2225540