- Ph.D Electrical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2012
- MSc. Electrical Power Engineering, RWTH-Aachen University, Germany, 2006S
- BSc. Electrical Engineering (with Honors), University of Tehran, Iran, 2003
- Power Electroncis Systems and Control
- Sensors for Power Electronics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Power Electronics
- Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Devices and Packaging
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Mohammad Reza Baharani, Mehrdad Biglarbegian, Babak Parkhideh, and Hamed Tabkhi, “Real-time deep learning at the edge for scalable reliability modeling of Si-MOSFET power electronics converters,” early access, Special Issue on Internet-of-Things for Smart Energy Systems, IEEE Journal of IoT, January 2019.
- Shahriar j. Nibir, Mehrdad Biglarbegian, and Babak Parkhideh, “A non-invasive DC-10MHz wideband current sensor for ultra-fast current sensing in high frequency power electronic converters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 34, Issue: 9, September 2019.
- Namwon Kim and Babak Parkhideh, “PV-Battery series inverter architecture: A solar inverter for seamless battery integration with partial-power DC-DC optimizer,” Joint Special Issue on Power Conversion & Control in Photovoltaic Power Plants, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion / IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 34, Issue: 1, March 2019.
- Mehrdad Biglarbegian, Namwon Kim, and Babak Parkhideh, “Boundary conduction mode control of Boost converter with active switch current-mirroring sensing,”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 33, Issue: 1, January 2018.
Hamidreza Jafarian, Shibashis Bhowmik, and Babak Parkhideh, “Hybrid voltage/current-mode control scheme for distributed AC-stacked PV inverter with low communications requirements,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, Issue: 1, January 2018