Electrical and Computer Engineering
Duke Distinguished Professor
- Ph.D. Virginia Tech, 1987
- M.S.E.E. Virginia Tech, 1983
- B.S.E.E. Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, 1981
- Power system modeling, analysis, control, optimization and economics
- System vulnerability and resiliency assessment
- Integration of renewable and distributed energy resources in a smart grid, microgrid, and market environment
- M. Chamana, B. H. Chowdhury, and F. Jahanbaksh, “Distributed Control of Voltage Regulating Devices in the Presence of High PV Penetration to Mitigate Ramp-Rate Issues,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 9, no. 2, 1086 – 1095, March 2018.
- I. Moghaddam, B.H. Chowdhury, S. Mohajeryami, "Predictive Operation and Optimal Sizing of Battery Energy Storage with High Wind Energy Penetration" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 65, issue 8, 6686-6695, Aug. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2017.2774732
- M. Chamana, B.H. Chowdhury, "Optimal Voltage Regulation of Distribution Networks with Cascaded Voltage Regulators in the Presence of High PV Penetration" IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 9, issue 3, 1427-1436, July 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSTE.2017.2788869
- F. Meng, B. H. Chowdhury, M. Chamana, “Three-Phase Optimal Power Flow for Market-based Control and Optimization of Distributed Generations,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 9, issue 4, 3691-3700, July 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2016.2638963.F. Meng, B.H. Chowdhury, Md. S. Hossan, "Optimal Integration of DER and SST in Advanced Active Distribution Networks," Int. Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems, vol. 104, 626-634, 2019. https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1XSU~WJH6LSMh.
- I. N. Moghaddam, B.H. Chowdhury, M. Doostan, "Optimal Sizing and Operation of Battery Energy Storage Systems connected to Wind Farms Participating in Electricity Markets," IEEE Trans. on Sustainable Energy, (in press), 2018.
- B. Mitra, B.H. Chowdhury, M.M. Manjrekar, HVDC Transmission for Access to Off-shore Renewable Energy: A Review of Technology and Fault Detection Techniques," IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 12, issue 13, 1563-1571, October 2018. DOI: 10.1049/iet-rpg.2018.5274
- M. Abuella, B.H. Chowdhury, "Improving Combined Solar Power Forecasts Using Estimated Ramp Rates," IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 12, issue 10, 1127-1137, July 2018. DOI: 10.1049/iet-rpg.2017.0447