Electrical and Computer Engineering
Adjunct Professor & Research Engineer
- Ph.D. University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA, 2009
- M.Sc. University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA, 2005
- B.Sc. Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Amman, Jordan, 2001
- Distributed Control of Renewable Energy Resources
- Applied Control Theory to Power Electronic systems
- Modeling an Simulation of Power Electronic converters and their interactions with the Grid
- Analysis and Realization of Virtual Inertia in high renewable penetration scenarios
- E. Shoubaki, S. Essakiappan, M. Manjrekar and J. Enslin, "Synthetic Inertia for BESS Integrated on the DC-link of Grid-tied PV Inverters" 2017 IEEE 8th International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG), Florianopolis, 2017, pp. 1-5.
- Ehab Shoubaki, Somasundaram Essakiappan, Pankaj Bhowmik, Madhav Manjrekar and Johan Enslin, “Distributed U-STATCOM for Voltage Support and Harmonic Mitigation on Low Voltage Networks”, 32nd Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference & Exposition, APEC’17, March 2017.
- Ehab Shoubaki, Mahmoodreza Arefi, Manohar Chamana, Babak Parkhideh, and Badrul H. Chowdhury, “Time-base synchronization for interconnecting real-time platforms in co-Simulation,” IEEE Industry Application Society Annual Meeting, IAS’16, October, 2016.
- M. G. Batarseh, E. Shoubaki and I. Batarseh, "A dynamic, linearly-shifted, fixed-slope digital-ramp control technique for improved transient response in DC - DC converters," 2015 4th International Conference on Electric Power and Energy Conversion Systems (EPECS), Sharjah, 2015, pp. 1-6.
- E. Shoubaki, S. Essakiappan and J. Enslin, “Analysis and Mitigation of Harmonic Currents and Instability due to Clustered Distributed Generation on the Low Voltage Network,” CIGRÉ 4th Grid of the Future Symposium, Chicago, 2015.
- E. Shoubaki, R. A. Amarin and I. Batarseh, "Java based Symbolic Circuit Solver for electrical engineering curriculum," IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, Marrakech, 2012, pp. 1-4
- M. Joshi, E. Shoubaki, R. Amarin, B. Modick and J. Enslin, "A high-efficiency resonant solar micro-inverter," Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, Birmingham, 2011, pp. 1-10.
- E. Shoubaki, J. Abu-Qahouq and I. Batarseh, "Discrete model of DCS controlled half-bridge with current doubler for digital controller design," Twentieth Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, Austin, TX, 2005, pp. 1502-1507 Vol. 3.