Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, 1971
- M.S. California Institute of Technology, 1967
- B.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1966
- Experimential discovery and theoretical explanation of the first semiclassical laser instability
- Laser analysis and synthesis
- Y. Liu, T.-H. Her and L. W. Casperson, “High-efficiency continuous-wave index-antiguided planar waveguide laser with large mode area,” CLEO 2014, OSA Technical Digest, Optical Society of America, p. SM2F.5, June 2014.
- L. W. Casperson and T.-H. Her, “Thermal refraction defocusing in very-large-core step-index antiguided fiber lasers,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2858-2863, 23 October 2014.
- Y. Liu, L. W. Casperson, T.-H. Her, “Continuous-wave hybrid index-antiguided and thermal-guided planar waveguide laser with large mode area,” SPIE LASE 2015, Proceedings of the SPIE, vol. 9342, p. 934220, 20 February 2015.
- Y. Liu, T.-H. Her and L. W. Casperson, “Transverse mode competition in index-antiguided planar waveguide lasers with large mode area,” CLEO 2015, OSA Technical Digest, Optical Society of America, p. SF2F.7, May 2015.
- Y. Liu, L. W. Casperson, and T.-H. Her, “Transverse mode competition in index-antiguided waveguide lasers,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 107, no. 24, December 2015.
- C. Wang, Y. Liu, L. Casperson, and T.-H. Her, "Power characteristics of planar index-antiguided waveguide lasers with transverse mode competition," AIP Advances, vol. 6, no. 12, 5 December 2016.