Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, USA, 2010
- M.S. Tsinghua University, China, 2005.
- B.S. with Excellent Graduate Honor, Tsinghua University, China, 2003.
- Grid Edge Power Electronics
- Solid State Transformer and Solid State Circuit Protection
- Wireless Power Transfer
- Microgrid and Renewable Energy Integration
- Wide Bandgap Device Applications
- Power Electronics Reliability
- L. Wang, T. Zhao, S.E. Chen and D. Cook, “An inductive power transfer system design for rail applications”, IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo, ITEC 2018
- A. Barthelme, X. Xu and T. Zhao, “A hybrid AC and DC distribution architecture in data centers”, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, ECCE 2017
- T. Zhao, P. Nirantare, J. Xu and V. Bhavaraju, “Evaluation of commercial scale transformerless solar inverter technology”, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, 2015
- T. Zhao and J. He, “An optimal switching pattern for SiC+Si hybrid-device-based voltage source converters”, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC) , APEC 2015
- T. Zhao, G. Wang, S. Bhattacharya, A. Huang, “Voltage and power balance control for a cascaded H-Bridge converter based solid state transformer ”, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1523-1532, 2013.
- X. She, A.Q. Huang, T. Zhao, G. Wang, “Coupling effect reduction of voltage-balancing controller in single phase cascaded multilevel converters”, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 3530 - 3543, 2012.
- J. Shi, W. Gou, H. Yuan, T. Zhao, A.Q. Huang, “Research on voltage and power balance control for cascaded modular solid-state transformer”, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1154 - 1166, 2011.
- J. Wang, X. Zhou, J. Li, T. Zhao, A.Q. Huang, R. Callanan, F. Husna, A. Agarwal, “10-kV SiC MOSFET-based boost converter”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 2056-2063, 2009.
- J. Wang, T. Zhao, A. Q. Huang, R. Callanan, F. Husna, A. Agarwal, “Characterization, modeling and application of 10-kV SiC MOSFET,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1798–1806, Aug. 2008.