Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director
- Ph.D. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 2010
- M.S. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 2007
- B.S. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 2005
- Electric power systems – modeling and analysis
- Transmission and distribution systems
- Transmission line modeling and dynamic line ratings
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of multi-frequency power systems
- Distribution system planning and operation
- Smart grid and micro-grids
- Grid integration of renewables and distributed energy resources
- M. Rahman, C. Braun and V. Cecchi, “Determination of Transmission Line Power Transfer Capabilities Using Temperature Dependent Continuation Power Flow”, Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES) General Meeting, Pub. Year: 2018.
- C. Braun, M. Rahman and V. Cecchi, “An Evaluation of Transmission Line Models Incorporating Longitudinal Temperature Variations”, Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits & Systems (ISCAS), Pub. Year: 2018.
- B. Poudel, V. Cecchi, “Frequency-dependent models of overhead power lines for steady-state harmonic analysis: Model derivation, evaluation and practical applications”, Electric Power Systems Research, vol 151, 2017, Pages 266-272.
- M. Davoudi, V. Cecchi, J. Romero-Agüero, “Network Reconfiguration with Relaxed Radiality Constraint for Increased Hosting Capacity of Distribution Systems”, Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) General Meeting, Pub. Year: 2016.
- V. Cecchi, M. Knudson, and K. Miu, “System Impacts of Temperature-Dependent Transmission Line Models”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Volume 28, Issue 4, October 2013, Page(s): 2300-2308.