- Provide students with an understanding of the curriculum, graduation requirements, and university and college policies and procedures
- Provide students with information about strategies for utilizing the available resources and services on campus
- Assist students in developing an education plan that leads to the timely completion of their educational goals
- Assist students in making informed decisions on career paths to match their interests and maximize their individual academic potentials
The advising functions in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) are delegated to the following teams.
Primary Advisors: Provide curriculum advising and referrals to departmental and campus resources.
- Dr. Courtney Smith-Orr, Undergraduate Coordinator & Teaching Assistant Professor
- Ms. Dannielle Curtis, Undergraduate Academic Advisor for Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mrs. Jerena McNeil-Griffin, Undergraduate Student Services Specialist & Minor Advisor
- Ms. Nan Bousaba, Faculty Associate & Co-Op Advisor
- Dr. Mihail Cutitari, Teaching Assistant Professor & Computer Engineering Faculty Advisor
- Dr. Yawo Amengonu, Teaching Assistant Professor & EE and CpE Dual Degree Advisor
Supplemental Advisor: Provide advising for academic improvement strategies and transition to new programs of study for at-risk students.
- Dr. Cricket Bonnetaud, Transition Advising Director of COE
Student advisor(s) should be listed in their General Student Record. Freshmen and New Transfer Students completing freshman courses with declared majors in Engineering are advised by the College of Engineering's Office of Student Development and Success.
To find your advisor(s):